The Annual Seneca Rocks Chili Cookoff
Saturday, October 18th
Seneca Rocks, WV
THIS IS FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION PURPOSES
PATC-MS WILL PUT OUT A SEPARATE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THEIR MEMBERS-ONLY CAMPING/CLIMBING INFO
This fun annual gathering serves as the last big event to closeout another amazing rock climbing season and to commemorate the fall of the Gendarme pinnacle at Seneca on October 22nd 1987.
Chili Cook off Info:
- Make at least 1 gallon or more of your favorite chili recipe and submit your entry by 5:30pm on the front porch of the Gendarme.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee.
- Judging will begin at 6:00pm.
- Only one category will be judged, which is best overall. Winner takes the total entry fees plus $50 kicked in by The Gendarme.
- Judging will be by an impartial (and hopefully sober) panel.
- Bowls for judging will be provided when the entry fee is paid. The rest is up to you. The Gendarme does not have facilities for heating chili up.
***Please bring your own bowl, cup and spoon***
Kegs will be tapped when the time comes, but normally around 5:30pm.
After the chili contest we will have another "hang contest" on a pair of G-String Climbing Grips. The entry fee to compete is $5. Rules will be announced at the start.
Throughout the night we will have an on-going raffle to benefit Friends of Seneca. Tickets are 2 for $5 or 5 for $10. Arthur will be randomly drawing out tickets and we'll have a wide variety of prizes.
At dark we will have our main guest presenter. This year we welcome Scottish climber Julian "Jules" Lines. Jules is the best climber you've never heard of. He is undoubtedly Britain's most accomplished free climbing soloist with world-class free ascents to his name. He will also be selling and signing his book, Tears of the Dawn, a remarkable account of his adventures spanning over three decades of extreme climbing. For more information on Jules, please see his website here.
This is a rain or shine event. If it's raining, we'll probably be drinking a heckuva lot earlier than usual! See y'all out there!