The Annual Seneca Rocks Chili Cookoff
Saturday, October 22nd
Seneca Rocks, WV
OPEN TO ALL - BRING YOUR OWN CLIMBING PARTNER!
This fun annual gathering serves as the last big event to closeout another amazing rock climbing season and to commemorate the fall of the Gendarme pinnacle at Seneca on October 22nd 1987.
The club has reserved Group Campsite D at Seneca Shadows. We have the site from Friday through check-out at 1pm on Sunday. Please work together to utilize the space on each tent pad to it's maximum; all tents must be on the pads. Please also try to refrain from using a larger tent for just one person. We are really getting pushed for space.
Parking is always a small issue. If the lot in front of our site is full, please park in the overflow area by the walk-in campsites and then walk the path back to our site. You can drop your stuff off first and then move your vehicle but please don't leave it unattended for long.
Spreadsheet for carpools, partners, etc
Chili Cook off Info:
- Make at least 1 gallon or more of your favorite chili recipe and submit your entry by 5:30pm on the front porch of the Gendarme.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee.
- Judging will begin at 6:00pm.
- Only one category will be judged, which is best overall. Winner takes the total entry fees plus $50 kicked in by The Gendarme.
- Judging will be by an impartial (and hopefully sober) panel.
- Bowls for judging will be provided when the entry fee is paid. The rest is up to you. The Gendarme does not have facilities for heating chili up.
***Please bring your own bowl, cup and spoon***
***IF YOU WANT TO EAT CHILI, BE THERE BY 5:30PM***
Kegs will be tapped when the time comes, but normally around 5:30pm.
Throughout the night we will have an on-going raffle to benefit Friends of Seneca. Tickets are 2 for $5 or 5 for $10. Arthur will be randomly drawing out tickets and we'll have a wide variety of prizes.
At dark we will have our main guest presentation...TBA.
This is a rain or shine event. If it's raining, we'll probably be drinking a heckuva lot earlier than usual! See y'all out there!