As a member you receive the following benefits:
- Organized club trips to crags both near and far. PATC-MS trip leaders will communicate directly with participants before the trip to scout out the best routes for the group and can even help you find a carpool to the location. Please note that our trip leaders are casual climbers and not professional guides.
- Carderock First Wednesdays – during daylight savings time we climb at Carderock, MD every first Wednesday evening (weather permitting), usually about 5 PM until dark. The club sets up several top ropes and many people will happily tell you about the climbs.
- Access to free climbing skills clinics – we have clinics for anyone looking to learn anything about outdoor climbing. Clinics we’ve run in the past include top-rope anchor building, rappelling, belaying from the top, self-rescue, new follower day, introduction to trad climbing, new ice climber weekend, ice skills weekend (at Mt. Washington), just to name a few!
- In addition to the free clinics, we organize teaching exchanges where members with more knowledge and experience share with others on top rope anchoring, rappelling, protection, and even aid climbing.
- Monthly club meetings featuring a show, discussion, and club business. A great way to interact with the amazing local climbing community!
- Our mailing list and on-line groups are a clearinghouse for members to share knowledge, beta, gear reviews, and organize climbing trips. Trips are generally local, but members do organize trips throughout the US and elsewhere.
- Discounts on Wilderness First Aid training, as well as the ability to apply for an annual Expedition Grant, SPI Test Reimbursement Grant or WFR Course Reimbursement Grant.
- We also have special interest groups for women and alpine climbers.
- Ability to borrow from the Club’s gear locker.