Jeanette Helfrich Women’s Leadership Grant
Our club has a long history of women leaders starting with Jan Conn. The purpose of this grant is to continue to develop women leaders to mentor other climbers and provide a welcoming space for new women climbers. Women supporting other women has been proven to be extremely effective, and PATC-MS wants to encourage this to continue.
Grant amount: up to $600 per grantee, $1200 total
Grant application period: February – Recipients are chosen in March.
Eligible Classes: Lead climbing, top rope anchors, rock or ice, self-rescue.
Recipient responsibilities: Support two club sponsored clinics
- Examples include (but are not limited to):
- New Followers Weekend, Gym-to-Crag Sport Leading Transition, New Climbers Day, Trip Leader Clinics
- One year of club membership
- Two years of outdoor climbing experience
- Can top rope 5.7 comfortably
- Safe rappelling skills