In December 2019, the PATC-MS approved the formal creation of a comprehensive reimbursement program for a portion of the cost of select core skills instruction for Club members in good standing.
Below are the guidelines and rules that govern this program.
A total of eight (8) $400 reimbursements may be given out per calendar year with a total budgeted amount not to exceed $3,200. Applications will be accepted by the Club Secretary on a rolling, first-come/first-served basis as early as four months in advance of a course or test date. Reimbursements will be made upon successful completion of the course or test.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) exam or course
- Wilderness First Aid
- Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) exam or course
- Any American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) guide program course
- Avalanche Rescue Course
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) Level 1 course
- Have been a registered member of the PATC-MS for at least one (1) year prior to application AND
- Agree to assist with two trips or clinics in the following year
The Club will provide funds for the reimbursement of the course/test once proof of completion and associated receipts are provided by the applicant. The applicant must provide an educational event for PATC-MS to fulfill their portion of the agreement in exchange for the reimbursement.
The EXCOM reserves the right to reduce or cancel this program at any time when deemed necessary for prudent Club financial reasons with the exception of any applications that have already been approved for funding.